Author Topic: Experiencing Problems - Please Help!  (Read 5315 times)

Offline Banamexdf

• A few posts under my belt.
  • PhatHacker
Experiencing Problems - Please Help!
« on: June 18, 2010, 07:47:00 pm »
Hey guys, I went to revert back to the old system files using the phathack tool and lost everything on my DMS. When I go to 'create a new DMS,' it tells me the process failed and to check the log.

Under 'My Computer,' I only see PHTDTA and not the other drive that usually pops up. There's nothing listed under PHTDTA. What do I need to do to revert back to the old OEM files and get it working again?

I'd like to revert back to the old files because there were glitches with the Phathack software I installed. It wouldn't let me fast-forward songs because it would stall and switch to the radio. I would then have to disconnect and reconnect the Phatbox.

TIA  8)

Offline Banamexdf

• A few posts under my belt.
  • PhatHacker
Re: Experiencing Problems - Please Help!
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2010, 07:57:20 pm »
As it turns out, I had a thumb drive connected to my computer and the tool was somehow thinking it was the DMS.

One question though, will I loose all my music if I revert back to the OEM software and 'create new DMS?'

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Re: Experiencing Problems - Please Help!
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2010, 07:28:08 am »
If you use 'Create New DMS', then yes you will lose everything on the DMS.

The 'Create New DMS' feature is used to re-partition and re-format the disk, ideally you only us it for creating a DMS in the first instance.
If you only want to modify the firmware/system files... then use the 'Repair DMS (PHTSYS)' function, after selecting the appropriate firmware.  The will just format the PHTSYS volume and re-apply the firmware.
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)