Author Topic: Trying to apply hack to Audi PB - hack doesn't appear to start --- SOLVED  (Read 5954 times)

Offline axryp

Tried to use DMS Tools 2.13 to apply the hack to my Audi PB (note: this is a PB originally bought directly from PhatNoise, before they had the deal with Audi). Used the wizard, appears to make backup and I can also see some hack files (notably the MP3 that says "hack applied") on PHTSYS.

Inserted DMS cartridge with hack in PB, and PB simply starts up normally as it did before.

Removed DMS, re-ran the wizard: wizard says problem with hack (hack never started)

Attached please find the logfile.txt

Please also note that this is all happening using Vista x64, and an Account with full Admin rights.

Any hints are much appreciated...
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 08:17:24 pm by axryp »

Offline axryp

got it working myself. What I did (in case this may help others):

a) Flashed newest Audi Firmware 7.02 (with "non hacked" and "reflash" options both set). This went fine.

b) However, since I still had the patch files prepared from my previous attempt, the patch tried to apply - and failed, again

c) "reset" the Hack wizard

d) Did everything again from scratch

e) This time the hack went through

Thanks to all who contributed to the patch. I actually stumbled across phathack.com by accident, after discovering (duh) now in Jul 2010 that the PhatBox was out of production for the past three years and I hadn't noticed. I then figured I better hack my box before my only DMS goes bad.

Offline eugen3b

A had same problem with audi PB.

Null hack playlist don't started? but start last played playlist.
I load "Music Manager" (not "Media") and delete all playlist and make "Save".
After wizard I have 0-Hack playlist and 1-Wellcome playlist.
And only when patch apllied correct.
Thanks to all teem!