Author Topic: Albums not alphabetical and/or complete  (Read 5870 times)

Offline vwdevotee

Albums not alphabetical and/or complete
« on: August 14, 2010, 02:08:58 pm »
I'm using PMM 3.92, non activation version, and I've moved a bunch of my iTunes over to my DMS but when I go to album mode and try to scroll, they are grossly out of order.  I'll find a 'D', then an 'M', then another 'D', then perhaps a 'Q'.  I was careful to sort each of my playlists by album name and then sort the DMS by album, but this didn't help. 

Perhaps related (or not), I'm not getting all of the tracks when I go into an album.  In PMM all 12 tracks are on the DMS, but when I find an album and start listening to it in my car it will think there are only 3 tracks.

Do I have bad software/firmware/hardware?  Is this just some inherent sketchiness in PMM?  Am I just too stupid to use the software/hardware right?

Thanks in advance.

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Re: Albums not alphabetical and/or complete
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 05:52:39 am »
I would make a note of the order the PhatBox plays them in, specifically taking note of what the first track is.
Then I would look at the tags on your original files to pinpoint what it is that PMM is using to put them in that order...
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline S80_UK

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran.
  • Volvo S80 D5 with VW Phatbox
    • Volvo Phatbox Installation
Re: Albums not alphabetical and/or complete
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 10:29:04 am »
I'm pretty sure that album mode plays in album order but plays all albums for each artist in artist order.  So if you only have one album by each of several artists is is perfectly resonable for the albums not to appear in order of the album name.