Author Topic: Trouble applying the hack to a PB  (Read 6756 times)

Offline nothclif

Trouble applying the hack to a PB
« on: August 24, 2010, 12:50:33 am »
Hey all,

I just got a phatbox and have attempted to do the hack, but having trouble.

I run the hack wizard and everything seems to go fine, plug it into the PB and I can hear the voice saying it's starting the hack. Once it starts the hack it starts playing the default playlist (music is coming through the speakers, though the hack says there should be no sound). Wait 10 minutes and run the hack wizard again and it says that the patching process failed. Attached is my log file from my DMS.

Thanks for the help!

Offline nothclif

Re: Trouble applying the hack to a PB
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 01:48:35 pm »
Also tried the nmp3/patcher renaming trick and it didn't seem to work

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2010, 08:47:21 pm »
Are there any other log files?
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline nothclif

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2010, 08:53:23 pm »
There's no patchverify log on the dms from what it tells me, here's the log for the hack wizard if it's helpful.

Offline nothclif

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2010, 10:20:07 pm »
Looks like it actually did patch it. Got in a new 120gb hdd today and tested it out, seems to work from the test songs I threw on there.

Had a lot of trouble getting the new HDD formatted (would fail on formatting PHTDTA), guessing all my issues were because I was using Windows 7, switched to a laptop I had XP on and it formatted fine. Although if I try plugging in the DMS with a new HDD into the Win7 machine it fails to install the drivers for it, but reads fine in the XP machine. Any known issues with that?

Anyway, transfering 80gb of music over now, should be done by tomorrow hehe  ;D

Offline Terry_Kennedy

• Veteran.
  • There and back again
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2010, 02:57:12 am »
Although if I try plugging in the DMS with a new HDD into the Win7 machine it fails to install the drivers for it, but reads fine in the XP machine. Any known issues with that?

Yup. Windows 7 was never tested with the firmware in the USB 2 cradle (which nothing other than the PhatNoise cradle has) and there are a whole bunch of timing issues when the stock W7 driver tries to talk to the cradle. If you can, stick to using the cradle in XP until I (eventually ::)) release the new cradle boards.

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2010, 06:32:04 am »
Looks like it actually did patch it. Got in a new 120gb hdd today and tested it out, seems to work from the test songs I threw on there.

Had a lot of trouble getting the new HDD formatted (would fail on formatting PHTDTA), guessing all my issues were because I was using Windows 7, switched to a laptop I had XP on and it formatted fine. Although if I try plugging in the DMS with a new HDD into the Win7 machine it fails to install the drivers for it, but reads fine in the XP machine. Any known issues with that?

Anyway, transfering 80gb of music over now, should be done by tomorrow hehe  ;D

I do need to get an update out, I think a lot of boxes are already patched ... and sbingner recently made a change to announce the fact a box is already hacked.
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)