Author Topic: Is it possible to customize the text lines of the head unit?  (Read 5262 times)

Offline rgb

Is it possible to customize the text lines of the head unit?
« on: September 03, 2010, 07:11:44 pm »
For years I have been enjoying my Music Keg C710 with a Kenwood head unit. I recently bought a second DMS cartridge and it came with firmware version 13.01 (I was using 11.05 in my other DMS cartridge)

The first thing I noticed is that in 11.05, you could set the head unit to display ID3 tag, but the system would add at the end the track number -for the track title-, and the playlist number -for the artist-album title-

Version 13.01 doesn't do that. You can tweak the phatbox.ini to add %N%n to include the playlist number, but I would like to be able to display the track number. Is there a way to do that? -I assume it would need %X, being X the variable letter. I have tried up to %j but I finally gave up of setting, ejecting, testing, and back to square one.

Furthermore, is there a way to customize -such as to show the text you want along with the ID3tag-, maybe by inserting the text between quotes in the ssa_text_display?

Thanks in advance,