Author Topic: Software for Windows XP x64  (Read 5262 times)

Offline ericthebikeman

• Bork, Bork, Bork
Software for Windows XP x64
« on: August 22, 2005, 01:34:54 am »
Does anyone have a lead on software that will update my DMS that will run on Windows XP 64-bit edition? I got PMM 3.51 to install by setting compatibility mode to standard XP. Problem is PMM crashes with an unknown error when I try to run it.

Phatnoise sent a rather arrogant email saying that there is no reason to ever make a 64 bit version. I called then to ask, the woman on the phone said she was unaware of any plans to do 64-bit but she would "pass it along". 3 months later I haven't heard anything back let alone any changes at all to their site (bankrupcy near?) My only solution is to dual boot but that is a BS solution at best.

Phat4x looks promising but I think it is linux only. So is there a Windows version in the works? Will it be 64-bit compatible.

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
Re: Software for Windows XP x64
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2005, 02:09:29 am »
Classic Phatnoise response... ignore the customer...

being that a large percentage of CPU's being released have 64 bit mode support and windows 64 bit xp being out offically I don't see why they couldn't spend some time trying to make sure they are compatable with future computer products.

Hopefully we can get phat4x or something to work in windows.

I'd suggest looking into VMWare or something to run windows 32 bit on your box.. if you can find a VM that will run on your 64 bit windows box...  easiear than dual booting