Author Topic: How do I reformat a Audi DMS to Kenwood Keg  (Read 5478 times)

Offline gallagher419

• A few posts under my belt.
  • Freakin' sweet!
How do I reformat a Audi DMS to Kenwood Keg
« on: August 27, 2005, 12:04:09 am »
Can someone please refresh my memory on how to reformat a dms? I will be getting a dms which came from an audi phatbox and I have a kenwood music keg  910. Thanks in advance!
"Gays don't vomit. They're a very clean people. And they have been ever since they came to this country from France."

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
Re: How do I reformat a Audi DMS to Kenwood Keg
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2005, 06:31:46 am »
Use the bootcd we have published OR with the one from phatnoise.  it is the safe way of reformatting a DMS.  Then just use PMM to load the software for whatever box you are going to use it in.

Offline gallagher419

• Freakin' sweet!
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2005, 12:34:09 pm »
Ok thanki you jud :)
"Gays don't vomit. They're a very clean people. And they have been ever since they came to this country from France."

Offline snoggle

• 2004 Impala LS + KHD-CX910
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2005, 03:17:35 am »
What happens if you don't reformat the DMS for the different phatbox flavor?

Being lazy, I just inserted the DMS from the VW phatbox I bought into my Kenwood Excelon keg, since the dealer I bought the Excelon from had already taken the DMS from the Excelon to repair another unit with a bad DMS.

It seems to play and work ok. Should I start over with it and reformat the VW DMS?

admin

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2005, 12:58:32 pm »
I think the only "flavors" are in the Phatbox itself.  DMSs (I believe) are interchangable.  So, unless you're updating the firmware to your box, it doesn't matter what the original source of the DMS was.  

I can take my Kenwood Keg DMS, and as long as there is no firmware update on it, I can plug it in to an Audi, Toyota, BMW, etc. phatbox.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2005, 02:11:06 pm »
I THINK that as long as you have the latest version of software on there it should work, but you have to update the phatbox.ini as well to match whatever setup you are using too or it wont work.  

At least thats my understanding.