Author Topic: Info on Platinum Edition anyone?  (Read 5172 times)

Offline My_B5

• A few posts under my belt.
  • VW Passat 1.8T MTM
Info on Platinum Edition anyone?
« on: February 04, 2006, 02:52:25 pm »
When I down loaded my new firmware (Sony 7.0) to my Audi/ VW box, my current settings is for a "Phatnoise car audio system Platinum edition". What is that? Is that when I changed to Sony firmware it's automatically changes to Platinum edition, or what? It's under "advanced settings". Anyone with info on this...?

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
Re: Info on Platinum Edition anyone?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2006, 03:04:13 pm »
Ive seen that before, i think its a bug in PMM where it just resets to the default of the PE phatbox.  its an older phatbox they had out after the red boxes which were the first ones.  

Don't sweat it much.. also are you using the latest version of PMM?

Offline My_B5

• A few posts under my belt.
  • VW Passat 1.8T MTM
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2006, 03:29:24 pm »
Yes, I'm running the latest version on PMM. I just want to be sure before I connect my VW/Audi PB to my Sony HU. Just download the Sony firmware should be ok do you think? So I don't have to worry that my DMS says Current setup:Platinum Edition?

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2006, 03:54:22 pm »
you should be able to change that back to the correct head unit model.. and then eject the DMS and close PMM.. restart the process and it SHOULD be whatever you picked not the PE version again.  I think.

Offline markbowen

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2006, 01:58:43 am »
I think that's a software glitch related to the original source of the software install.  On one computer I have PMM installed from the CD that came with an Audi/VW PB, and on another the PMM was downloaded straight from Phatnoise.  The VW/Audi software always reports my setup as VW/Audi and the Phatnoise always tells me my setup is Phatbox Platinum Edition.  What I'm actually using in all cases is a Kenwood Keg setup.  I always change it to the correct setting when I run PMM, and haven't had any problems, but it always changes back to the default.
Kenwood DNX7200/Kenwood KHD-C710 Keg/320GB DMS

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2006, 11:59:12 pm »
that doesn't matter -- it just changes what firmware updates are visible in PMM