Author Topic: Audi Pinout Here  (Read 6183 times)

Offline jonah

Audi Pinout Here
« on: March 22, 2005, 02:14:20 am »
I've had a red pb for several years now - love the thing.

Anyways, I was tracking the unofficial forums when the pb was first released, but haven't for a while.

Now, someone refered me over here. So, I'll lend what little info I have and my willingness to test things.

Audi Cable Diagram: http://audi.805net.com/phatbox/
I didn't see this listed on the homepage, so am posting it here.

.jonah

(2001 Audi S4/RedPB/80gb)
(2001 Audi S4/RedPB/80gb)

My Audi Install: http://forums.audiworld.com/s4/msgs/1255425.phtml.

Offline A543

• Veteran.
Re: Audi Pinout Here
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2005, 02:57:39 am »
jonah,

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your willingness to help us out here.  I feel the Red box has a lot to teach us about how our units work, and don't work.  Your input will be very valuable.
I'm curious to know what version of the DMS software (not PMM) your unit came with originally, and if you have the original installation CD.
Also, we are still trying to determine the boot order of files on the DMS and if the Red boxes use a different set.  If you feel like playing around with some files, I'd sure like to know if your box plays normally after you delete (make a backup first, of course) the files "phat" and "Royallin.ux".  These two files appear to do nothing on the newer boxes and it's not know yet if they are used by the Red boxes, or are just old files that aren't really relevant anymore. If you do erase them and everything works, I'd replace them anyway, especially before attempting a firmware update, to protect your box.
Also, I see you're going to post some pictures of the inside of your box. That would be great.  I'll keep checking for them.
Lastly, could you post the make and model of your DMS and what the driveID string is?

Thanks again for offering to help jonah!

Offline todd1010

• Veteran.
  • 2005 Audi S4
Re: Audi Pinout Here
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2005, 12:35:45 am »
Hey Jonah, its Todd from Audiworld. I'm glad I got you to come over and check this place out. I knew they were looking for someone with a Red Box.
todd1010 AT gmail DOT com