Author Topic: Natural Language playlist announce  (Read 3797 times)

Offline Phool

Natural Language playlist announce
« on: September 21, 2005, 10:25:20 pm »
Hi all -

Sorry if this is a daft question - I may well be misunderstanding what the CAS Speech Support module and Multiple Language plugin are supposed to do for me... but...

Have downloaded the CAS Speech module, and Multi Language Plugin from the Phatnoise site, thinking these would give me a natural language (English) playlist announce feature on my VW Phatbox (running Kenwood 13.1 Firmware, talking to my Kenwood H/U).  

However - all I get is playlist announcements in robotic old 'Microsoft Sam'... I want a dirty sounding English lady's voice, talking soothingly to me on my way to work, but what I get is Steven Hawking.

Am I missing something here...?   I definitely have the AT&T Natural Language s/w installed on my PC (Win XP Pro)... do I need something else...?   Or does this natural language support not work with the Kenwood firmware...?  

Any views gratefully received -

Thanks in advance...

Kind Regards -

Chris.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2005, 10:26:17 pm by Phool »

Offline Terry_Kennedy

• Veteran.
  • There and back again
Re: Natural Language playlist announce
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2005, 01:36:41 am »
Am I missing something here...?   I definitely have the AT&T Natural Language s/w installed on my PC (Win XP Pro)... do I need something else...?   Or does this natural language support not work with the Kenwood firmware...?

You need to tell PMM to use the new voice, as well as to re-generate the existing voice prompts. The actual menu options to do this vary depending on which version of the PhatNoise software you're running.