Author Topic: DIY DMS...  (Read 18487 times)

Offline beckfield

• A few posts under my belt.
  • PhatHacker
Re: DIY DMS...
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2007, 03:53:52 am »
There can be differences like this between drive types unfortunately.  At least the main dimensions are pretty stable.

Can you let us know which drive you have bought and if it is working OK in your car?  Thanks.

As it turns out, the parts I ordered have a few slight differences from my original DMS.  One change is that the rubber endcap doesn't have that little block in it, so all is well, and I didn't have to change a thing.

I bought a Fujitsu MHV2120AT.  It's a 120GB, 4200 RPM drive.  It's working great!  It seemed a little slow to boot up the first time or two, but that seems to have settled down.  Not sure why.  I know Jud and some others mentioned that they are using 5400 RPM drives with no problem, but I decided to stick with the 4200, to be safe.  Having been a tech support and QA tech for many years, I'm maybe a little more paranoid than most.  :)

I've got it loaded with about 22 GB of FLAC music (mostly classical), and a few audiobooks in 320 MP3.  Lovin' it!

Offline crwalter2003

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2008, 10:20:55 pm »
 ??? Does anyone know of an alternate source of the interface board? The site linked above for the parts now shows the interface board as discontinued.

Thanks.

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2008, 04:54:20 am »