Author Topic: The Keg is Dead!!!  (Read 3885 times)

Offline dafamous12

• Getting the hang of things.
  • Smurfin On 18 Wheels Across The U.S.A!!
The Keg is Dead!!!
« on: December 18, 2005, 04:30:27 am »
Well its finally happened.Kenwood is not carrying the kenwood music keg in its 2006 product line. It is officially "Discontinued" :'(. Kenwood is also not fixing the kegs either. If your keg is still under warranty then they will swap it out and give you a refurbished model.If it isn't under warranty then you are out of luck as they will not repair or swap out the unit. I talked to a Kenwood rep at a dealer convention ahead of the big CES show in Las Vegas. Kenwood makes the keg,not phatnoise. They license the technology from phatnoise and when I called phatnoise they said that they cannot repair the kegs since they don't make them and they don't have the parts for them.So bottom line is if your keg is out of warranty and it breaks then it's a paper weight. I would encourage people to buy a used phatbox and either make a cable or try to find a used one. I got this info from the kenwood West Rep. Feel free to check it out for yourself.

Offline PhatAl

• A few posts under my belt.
Re: The Keg is Dead!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2005, 06:21:54 pm »
IF this is true, and I hope it isn't, will Phatnoise soon go out of business?

It totally blows.

Offline A543

• Veteran.
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2005, 07:01:27 pm »
Phatnoise has a new product out and a big deal with GM, and they are owned now by Harmon Kardon. It's unlikely they are going anywhere any time soon.

Offline PhatAl

• A few posts under my belt.
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2005, 08:56:34 pm »
Hmmm... given the relationship with HK... can a Phatbox be configured to work with an HK headunit?