Author Topic: First Post  (Read 6495 times)

Offline bobzed57

• PhatHacker
First Post
« on: December 21, 2005, 05:01:36 am »
Hi all

I have just installed a Phatbox in my 2005 Touareg after a fair bit of mucking around.  Firstly the Phatbox is not readily available here in Australia, but that was overcome thanks to a VW dealer in the US.  Then there was the issue of the changer cable.  My Touareg didn't come with the cable, and VW charges the earth for them, so it came from Germany.  After swapping a couple of pins around on the head unit end of the CD changer cable, and booting up the Phatbox in a mate's Touareg, it's all up and running.

I've been reading through many of the posts in this forum, and there seems to be a fair bit I can do to make the Phatbox more functional.  I'm reminding myself to go cautiously because I often go like a bull at a gate and then end up in all sorts of problems.

Anyway, I look forward to contributing and reading other's contributions in the future.  All in all, a very useful forum.

Have a great Christmas (substitute an appropriate festival that appeals to you if you're not happy with Christmas) and a prosperous New Year.  I'll be enjoying a nice 35 degree C (95F) summer's day here and most probably mucking about in the surf.

Bob Z  8-)

Offline rob_hutton

• A few posts under my belt.
Re: First Post
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2005, 10:01:05 am »
Nice of you to post this information and we all feel sorry that the temperature is so hot, we in the UK have a nice cool day with just a few clouds will go for a run on the moors which will be wet cold and mud up to my knees, as for the modification to the phatbox watch out not all are good news, just rip the music to a good quality and enjoy, you wont reed this post as you seem to go to bed in the middle of the night?

Have a good Christmas
« Last Edit: December 21, 2005, 10:01:51 am by rob_hutton »

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2005, 06:32:03 pm »
do you have experience writing C code?

if so, you could assist in trying to build replacements for phatd and 51d ;)

Offline bobzed57

• PhatHacker
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2005, 10:56:24 pm »
Unfortunately, I have no experiencing programming anything, so won't be much help there.

With regard to what time I go to bed, the time and date as I post this says 21 Dec 05 at 1752, when the real date/time is 22 Dec 05 at 0952. Maybe you're keeping odd hours.  ;)

Cheers

Bob