Author Topic: my hu only shows cd changer  (Read 5395 times)

Offline rhoxie1

my hu only shows cd changer
« on: March 06, 2013, 07:16:20 pm »
OK here is the deal I have a kdcx993 hi and a khd cx 910 music keg.  So I bought a used khd c710 on eBay was going to put it my truck. So I decided to try it out before I bought the cable for it.  Now my previous setup worked like a champ was hacked been runningabig 120 gb HD in it no problems.  So this morning I unplug the 910 and plug this 710 to see if it worked well nothing wasn't recognized nothing  so I stick in the DMS that came with the 710 well the red light came on and green light came and it recognized as a CD changer and then it goes to aux next and nothing so I think it trash unplug it and plug my 910 back well now it show CD changer and the same thing goes to aux ext  now the green light just blinks nothing haapens and when you take the DMS out the light keeps blinking even with hu off please please help I really like my music keg

Richard

Offline rhoxie1

Re: my hu only shows cd changer
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 11:28:19 pm »
OK got my 910 to finally be recognized by head unit but now I got another problem when I put the 120 gb hacked DMS in my 910 it say loading,  reading  and then say eject both the regular  non hacked 40 gb and 10 gb dams works great.  Any clue

Thanks
Richard

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 07:50:38 am »
Is there anything on the 120GB DMS?
I presume the fact you have a 120GB DMS means that the unit is hacked?
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline rhoxie1

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 06:00:55 pm »
Finally got the 120 gb drive to work had to reinstall the phtsys.  Yes my unit is hacked (by the way PH DMS tools worked fantastic kudos to the developers)

Richard