Author Topic: This noob requires assistance  (Read 5934 times)

Offline EvisuKG

This noob requires assistance
« on: May 11, 2013, 02:30:19 am »
Hello everyone,

I thought I was familiar with the Kenwood Music Keg, but as time has passed I am finding it more and more difficult to update my DMS. The last time I updated it was 4/2009. The hardware I am using is a Kenwood KDC-X969 head unit with the Kenwood Music Keg. I have USB cradle KHD-USB1 and a 10GB cartridge. I would like to update the media on my cartridge, but I have no idea where to begin. My laptop is running Windows 7 64 bit.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Re: This noob requires assistance
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2013, 07:16:27 am »
Trying to get the USB1 cradle working on Windows 7, is going to be a bit of a challenge.  Some people have reported success using XP mode, but the speed of the cradle really is appalling!

I would recommend you find yourself a generic USB 2.0 caddy, in the UK you can get them for just a few GBP (mine was about £3).  It's very easy to open up the DMS and swap the disk out, you just need to be careful of the pins on the drive itself when removing/re-attaching the Keg/Cradle interface board.

You should then find no problems using the disk under Windows 7, and if PhatNoise software doesn't recognise it as a DMS, PhatHack Media Manager will.
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2013, 07:17:11 am »
(As an aside, I'm going to look at getting USB 2.0 boards done for the cradles as there are still a number of people needing them!)
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline oldaneal

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2013, 09:31:02 pm »
(As an aside, I'm going to look at getting USB 2.0 boards done for the cradles as there are still a number of people needing them!)

would like one if they are available :)

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 08:48:13 am »
I'll try and remember that once I've got things up and running!