Author Topic: Phatbox / Music Keg issues  (Read 437 times)

Offline Grumpytvr

Phatbox / Music Keg issues
« on: October 11, 2024, 01:25:17 pm »
Hi,

Rather late to the party but thought I’d better introduce myself.

Always had a bit of a thing about retro car stereos and recently acquired a Kenwood KHD-C710 music keg plus a KTC-W7044u head unit. The keg has been hacked in the past but I can’t get it to work. When I turn on the head unit and select the CD changer I get “Aux Ext” and the Keg doesn’t play. I’m fairly sure that it’s a hard drive issue (I had a few issues with the bus cable initially, which could have corrupted it), I’ve downloaded DMS tools and the Phathack media manager, but I can’t reinstall Kenwood software because the internal links don’t seem to work. – I notice this has been an issue before, is there a fix for this? Likewise I’m running the software in Windows 11, could this be the problem?

Once I’ve managed to get the Keg working, I also  have a  Phatbox VA-012, that I’d like to get working with a Sony head unit. I don’t know whether this has been hacked in the past and I don’t have an original DMS for it. Is there any way of obtaining an image / copy of an original DMS in order to carry out the hack procedure?

Is there anyone on here knocking round in the West country (England)? I’ve not seen one of these units working to date and it would be good so see a working Phatbox / music Keg to aid in my problem solving..

Cheers

Tom