Author Topic: Problem updating firmware  (Read 4794 times)

Offline smcallah

• PhatHacker
Problem updating firmware
« on: January 06, 2006, 04:19:50 am »
I've searched the forum, and didn't find anyone else with this problem, I searched PhatNoise's knowledge base as well.  So I'm not sure what is wrong.

Just got the Audi PhatBox today, no problems with that, it works fine.  

I used the software CD that came with it, Phatnoise Music Manager from 2002, it got the message "Unable to connect to server" while trying to see what firmware updates were available.  I thought it might be the old software I was using.
So, I downloaded the latest Phatnoise Media Manager, and went to the firmware upgrade.  After a few seconds, it popped back, "Unable to connect to server."

Yes, I know the Internet works, I was using the PhatNoise knowledge base at the same time I was having this problem.  So I know the site was reachable by my browser.

Even the PMM software update button gave me the same problem when I clicked it to check for latest version.

I have no outgoing connections being blocked by any type of firewall.  I don't have any other problems with browsing.

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
Re: Problem updating firmware
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2006, 04:41:53 am »
just go to phatbox.sixpak.org and download the 4 zip files for your head unit's firmware and extract each onto the phtsys partition and its the same thing that PMM would do.  Apparently phatnoise's firmware isn't being served up properly so PMM can't download it.

Offline smcallah

• PhatHacker
Re: Problem updating firmware
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2006, 06:54:24 pm »
Nice, thanks so much.