Author Topic: Something to think about...  (Read 5824 times)

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
Something to think about...
« on: March 29, 2005, 04:54:03 pm »
Okay so the more I read on the chips in the PB, the more I think that we are going to be hosed unless Phatnoise got lax and left some portion of the code decrypted.

That said, I know we can wipe the code off all the chips in the box and reflash them if we have to.

This would entail us having to roll our own linux arm kernel, bootloader and tools to load up and run the phatd and other executeables worse case.

I don't know how easy it will be to still program the controllers with the head unit controls if we have to go that route though.

The up shot with this method would be we can use our own drives.

I wonder, is there anyone on this board with experience with embeded linux on ARM that would be interested in such an endevour to have an open Car Audio player?  ;)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2005, 04:55:39 pm by judb »

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
Re: Something to think about...
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2005, 05:36:18 pm »
This thread will make a LOT more sense when you check out the FAQ again as some threads got moved around and they don't show up as unread the way it happend.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2005, 08:21:55 pm by judb »

Offline para

• Veteran.
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2005, 06:06:26 pm »
FYI, the problem is being discussed here.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2005, 08:35:51 pm by para »

Offline para

• Veteran.
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2005, 09:00:18 pm »
Puh, I think this should be the last resort because it'll definitely take the biggest amount of time. Even an "IDE interceptor" should be easier to come by ;)