Author Topic: DMS connecting problem  (Read 3825 times)

Offline My_B5

• A few posts under my belt.
  • VW Passat 1.8T MTM
DMS connecting problem
« on: January 30, 2006, 09:45:06 pm »
I just bought a new (2002 model) Audi PB. First I could'nt install the PMM from the included CD. Then I got the newer PMM version from the Phatnoise site and downloaded it, ok. Now my PC can't recognise the DMS when I'm trying to connect it. I got the red light, but green light is only flashing sometimes. Is it because I have a newer PMM software (2.30) instead of the original 1.85 they included? What to do? I have e-mailed PN, but no answer yet....
USB is ok, I have the 2.0 and Windows XP

Offline markbowen

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran.
Re: DMS connecting problem
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 10:58:06 pm »
You're more likely to get a reply to your post if you post in the right section.  Your question should be in "Phatnoise Hardware Support."

PMM isn't the issue.  If everything is working properly, your PC will recognize the DMS whether or not PMM is running.

If you are plugging the USB cradle into a USB port on the front of your PC, try plugging it into the back.  My USB 2.0 cradle won't work on the front ports but works fine on the back.  If that won't work you might have a defective cradle.
Kenwood DNX7200/Kenwood KHD-C710 Keg/320GB DMS

Offline My_B5

• A few posts under my belt.
  • VW Passat 1.8T MTM
Re: DMS connecting problem
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2006, 11:43:24 am »
It was the power supply that was the problem. I used the included "universal apapter" (bought the PB from US Ebay seller), put it on 7.5V and nothing happened. Then I got a Sony adapter (from an old Sony Walkman) that gave out 9V and voila, everything find.