Author Topic: How do I just choose the next CD  (Read 3283 times)

Offline Anito

• A few posts under my belt.
  • 06 Audi S4 Sprint Blue
How do I just choose the next CD
« on: March 02, 2006, 08:41:59 am »
Hello Guys,

this Pahtnoise stuff is starting to do my head.  It's  great having giganytes of music in one place.  It's not so good if it's hard to navigate and select your choice.

My Phatbox is fitted into an Audi with OEM (Type T) head unit.  If i'm listening to CD 54 (which always diasplays as CD1) how do I just go to the next Disc?  I have to kow the current CD is 54 and scroll through the list to CD 55.  Is this right?

I am also finding that 'mix' (Audi for Random) only randomises the current CD and not everything on the DMS as it's supposed to.

cheers

Offline phat3141

• PhatHacker
Re: How do I just choose the next CD
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2006, 12:29:14 am »
The trick to the Nav+ is that it hides the "Scan" button that the other Audi headunits have.  To get the equivalent function--for instance, to set the "Randomize all" function, you have to select the "CD List"(upper left) option.  This will bring up the 6-CD list.  scroll down and select "CD 6".  You can now use the "Track left" button above the knob until you hear "Randomize all".  At that point, you have to select "CD Control" (right bottom) and turn the knob until it's on "Scan" and press.

Selecting CDs is easy if you generate one playlist per CD.  You can then use the playlist select (CD 2 option) and use the same process to select them.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2006, 12:29:50 am by phat3141 »