Author Topic: Pioneer Support?  (Read 5824 times)

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
Pioneer Support?
« on: April 03, 2005, 06:25:55 pm »
I was just looking throught he phatbox.ini and saw a section for pioneer headunits.. does anyone know what the story there is?

Offline rpm

Re: Pioneer Support?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2005, 05:21:28 am »
I built it, I use it, I love it.  I think it is the best PhatBox interface because it is the only one with  buttons 1-6 and disc up/down (also you can hold 1-6 for 7-12 which I have assigned to custom features).  It also has a lot of other little UI tweaks that are also found in my Toyota/Scion code (ie: Hands-Free-Seek).

Unfortunately, Pioneer of America wasn't interested, so it never got released.  We demo-ed it at CES in 2002.

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2005, 11:27:53 am »
so if I want to use a pioneer head unit how hard would it be to, you know, make this work?

Offline para

• Veteran.
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2005, 06:13:45 pm »
Most like likely you would need a suitable firmware for that headunit as Pioneer is not listed here. Or does it use any generic bus?

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2005, 11:03:02 pm »
Most like likely you would need a suitable firmware for that headunit as Pioneer is not listed here. Or does it use any generic bus?

Thanks, duh!  I was asking to get a gauge of the level of effort on his part to get that firmware out the door and get a cable pin out or something so I could hook one up. :)