Author Topic: VW DMS failure question.  (Read 4987 times)

Offline CallsignVega

• PhatHacker
VW DMS failure question.
« on: May 13, 2006, 05:20:40 pm »
Hello,

I have a VW Phatbox for my Touareg with a 20gb DMS and it appears to have failed. When I try and load the DMS in the cradle my computer just sits there, tries to load the disk but the DMS just clicks over and over in the same pattern. The DMS software also gives errors and cannot read the drive. I am pretty sure the disk is pyhsically damaged somehow. I've tried on multiple PC's with the same result.

So then, reading these boards, it appears that having a non functional DMS precludes me from using it as a DMS seed to hack my Phatbox so I could use a spare HDD? The only way to get it working again is to buy a new DMS from Phatnoise because only they put the encription on the drive? The thing I don't get is they want $200 for a 40gb DMS, the same I payed for the entire system. Seems a little steep.

What do you guys think I could do?

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
Re: VW DMS failure question.
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2006, 04:03:04 am »
Find someone locally that has a working DMS and use it to hack your phatbox. or buy a used 10 gig dms from someone to use to hack your phatbox.  

If you can't do that, yeah you'll have to get your DMS replaced / repaired by phatnoise.  good luck and god speed!