Author Topic: After DMS Upgrade Keg Still In Unlock Mode  (Read 6570 times)

Offline gallagher419

• A few posts under my belt.
  • Freakin' sweet!
After DMS Upgrade Keg Still In Unlock Mode
« on: May 15, 2006, 04:31:59 pm »
I have successfully upgraded to a 100gb DMS and I recently wiped all the music off and have decided to encode to FLAC however when I put my DMS into the Keg I keep getting the message " your system has been unlocked. Please remove your DMS and visit Phathack.com to continue the upgrade procedure". I get that message over and over even though I have music on the DMS. When I put the DMS in the cradle and go to PMM everything shows up fine. I'm at a loss here and don't know what step to take next.
"Gays don't vomit. They're a very clean people. And they have been ever since they came to this country from France."

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
Re: After DMS Upgrade Keg Still In Unlock Mode
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 03:10:02 am »
did you remove the startup sound in the profiles.ini on the phtdta partition?  Did you restore the flacplay and flacplay.sig in the backup folder on the phtsys partition to the root of the phtsys partition?  Any number of these things could cause you to still hear that message.

Offline LloydDobler

• Getting the hang of things.
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 11:12:50 pm »
I'm just curious, are you going to transcode your mp3's to FLAC or are you going to re-rip all your existing CD's?

It doesn't seem to make sense as to why you would delete the MP3's first, instead of using the phatbox as is till you got done converting.  

Offline Bane

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2006, 01:52:01 am »
did you remove the startup sound in the profiles.ini on the phtdta partition?  Did you restore the flacplay and flacplay.sig in the backup folder on the phtsys partition to the root of the phtsys partition?  Any number of these things could cause you to still hear that message.

This is the same problem I am having. I do not understand what these items mean. Where are the instructions for this?

Thanks in advance,

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2006, 02:54:37 am »
the new DMS should not have this issue.  the old DMS drive has files in place from the hack that will keep the hack running unless the files in phtsys/backup are restored.  

on the phtdta partition there is a folder called profiles
profiles.ini has a startup sound which is what causes the hack to execute.

There are several threads that have the items I mentioned in them if you search for hack and profiles.ini .. but I typed them here again to save you the effort.

http://forum.phathack.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?action=search
« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 02:56:06 am by judb »

Offline Bane

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2006, 03:30:01 am »
the new DMS should not have this issue.  the old DMS drive has files in place from the hack that will keep the hack running unless the files in phtsys/backup are restored.  

on the phtdta partition there is a folder called profiles
profiles.ini has a startup sound which is what causes the hack to execute.

There are several threads that have the items I mentioned in them if you search for hack and profiles.ini .. but I typed them here again to save you the effort.

http://forum.phathack.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?action=search

Well, I think I have screwed up my phatbox/keg. With the new DMS and old DMS, my kenwood headunit now says "disc ch," then goes to AUX1, when it used to say HDD EXT. Any ideas? Can this be fixed?

My unit is a VW phatbox with the 20gb DMS if that helps.

« Last Edit: June 26, 2006, 04:04:11 am by Bane »

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2006, 06:56:41 pm »
When you put firmware on a blank drive using PMM or otherwise it forces a firmware upload - you have to wait for that to complete (about 10 mins) then reset your kenwood head unit (turn off then back on) - you'll be able to tell when it completes because the lights will stop blinking on the keg