Author Topic: making a random playlist  (Read 3288 times)

Offline igor

• PhatHacker
making a random playlist
« on: May 17, 2006, 01:06:10 am »
Dear all

this weekend I installed my phatbox in my Mazda3... I installed PahtVoice and copied most of my music on the DMS and created my voice prompts.. al is nice and dandy except one thing. I usually listen to my collection in "ll song random" mode.. however the Mazda HU random controller is completely idiotic, so I am trying to create a playlist (disc) on the DMS that would have my collection (about 2000 songs) in ome sorrt of a random order..

the PMM is not help.. it only lets me order it by track number and then ascending or desending... but nothing else..

is there way to do this.. even if it involves some hasking?

thanks

Igor

Offline Kat_Daddy

• A few posts under my belt.
  • PhatHacker
Re: making a random playlist
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2006, 02:22:03 pm »
When you use pmm to upgrade your firmware, it allows you to select the h.u. that the Phatbox is going to attch to. Did u try that ? Another thought, on each discs properties it gives you the option of allowing the tracks to be played in random, i think.

Offline igor

• PhatHacker
Re: making a random playlist
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2006, 02:25:30 pm »
When you use pmm to upgrade your firmware, it allows you to select the h.u. that the Phatbox is going to attch to. Did u try that ? Another thought, on each discs properties it gives you the option of allowing the tracks to be played in random, i think.

Thanks... will look into that and see what i can figure out...]
With the HU option.. I believe I have it setupright .. but the thing is the Sotck Mazda HU Random control does not work for me right because while it works OK while you lret it play, if you press "next track" it automatically select the next one in proper order - not a next random track.. that is what annoys me.. but I will see about the disc properties.

Igor