Author Topic: Problem installing Audi PB in A4 w/ Symphony HU  (Read 3745 times)

Offline mobaar

• PhatHacker
Problem installing Audi PB in A4 w/ Symphony HU
« on: May 18, 2006, 01:26:09 pm »
First off, sorry if this has been addressed before.  I searched and didn't come up with anything.  Here's the deal.

I got a new Audi PB and misread the instructions when installing.  I initially plugged the unit in without the DMS inserted.  I inserted the DMS and powered on the radio, but the CDC option will not stay selected.

I disconnected the PB and reconnected it with the DMS inserted, and get the same result.  If I remove the DMS and select CDC, I get a "NO CD" message (which I assume is what it should do), but with the DMS inserted I see about 10 seconds of "CD1 LOAD" before the HU reverts to the previous input.

The firmware was version 5.xx (dont' remember exactly) so I updated to 7.02 and tried again.  I'm getting the same results as before, except instead of the "CD1 LOAD" message showing up, I get "CD1 TR1" for the same 10 second period before the HU reverts to the previous input.

Any ideas on what to try, or does this sound like a possibly defective PB?

Thanks

Offline mobaar

• PhatHacker
Re: Problem installing Audi PB in A4 w/ Symphony H
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2006, 02:41:37 am »
I managed to get the PB working by swapping cables.  The cables have the same part no, (and obviously the same connectors) so maybe I just had a bad cable.  

However, I'm now having a new problem (which I started a new thread for).  The PB is only playing out of the left speakers.  Grrr...