Author Topic: Kenwood Keg - not sure if I have VIOT or not?  (Read 3667 times)

Offline BigDish

Kenwood Keg - not sure if I have VIOT or not?
« on: June 19, 2006, 10:38:50 pm »
I have a Kenwood Headunit (KHD-X789) and Kenwood 910 Keg (purchased the Keg used) and I'm trying to figure out if I have VIOT or not.
Best I can tell, when I change "Discs" it should read the titles of the playlists, but that's a function of PMM best I can tell.  This does happen.
However, it also seems that when I press the 1-6 buttons on my headunit, I should switch operatings modes if I have VIOT.  However, it seems that the headunit intercepts these, as pressing buttons 1 and 2 enter menus on the headunit display (turn random on/off, etc)  My Headunit actually sees the Keg as a "HDD EXT" and not a CD Changer.

At this point I'm trying to figure out if I have VIOT, and if I do not, if my headunit is incapable of operating it (headunit is about a year old) because it seems to be intercepting the button presses for buttons 1-6.

Offline SteveC

• Getting the hang of things.
Re: Kenwood Keg - not sure if I have VIOT or not?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 02:55:24 pm »
The "buttons 1-6" functionality is for SSA headunits, not VIOT. There's only one button on your Kenwood headunit that controls the mode. I _think_ that it is the scan button. I don't know for sure, because I don't actually use the headunit buttons - I use my remote control. On the remote, the zero (0) button changes the playback mode.

Offline my2kmx5

• PhatHacker
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2006, 01:04:57 am »
If you have viot then when you press the scan button on your headunit an announcement/voice will say either  "the current artist is......( names artist your listening to) or
           " the current genre is....( names genre artist is categorized as)
           " the current playlist is"..etc.
           " the current album is"...etc.
With each press of the scan button the message rotaes between the above options. The pressing the fm button allows you to search within some of the above selections, etc.

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2006, 01:54:15 am »
look on the phatsys drive under plugins and see if you see anything in there.