Author Topic: bootload.log was binary after DMS hack upgrade  (Read 4189 times)

Offline eatit

• Hacked 120GB DMS -- Love to know my car runs Linux
bootload.log was binary after DMS hack upgrade
« on: July 17, 2006, 06:32:56 am »
Here's a strange deal... I did the upgrade to my Audi Phatbox and it did the firmware patch just fine.

But on the new phatbox, it was complaining "NO CD"  when I installed the new hacked 120GB DMS cart.. So, I ended up taking it out and remounting it to see what the bootload.log said...

And it was a strange binary file.  I simply mv'd it to bootload.log.binary and stuck it back in the car and it worked fine.   I have not remounted the new hacked DMS drive to see if bootload.log actually is text again, but has anyone ever seen this?

Going from 20GB to 120GB seems pretty rad, though! Many thanks to judb and the rest of the phatbox hacking crew!!!!

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
Re: bootload.log was binary after DMS hack upgrade
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2006, 01:45:17 pm »
that is quite odd.  bootload.log doesn't auto create itself.. there has to be a file there in place for the boot loader to write into since it has very basic fat32 write support. (no file creation or deletion, just append pretty much)

could be the file was corrupted some how.. you may want to chkdsk the phtsys partition just to be safe.  otherwise congrats on the hack working and enjoy.