Author Topic: Can somebody Please help With Firmware changing?  (Read 3640 times)

Offline zero cool

• Getting the hang of things.
  • PhatHacker
Can somebody Please help With Firmware changing?
« on: July 17, 2006, 10:27:16 pm »
I posted this before, but i think the admins deleted it. Can someone PLEASE help me with Converting my new Audi PB to work with a Mazda???

I downloaded the firmware and the patch for the 2006 models. and i think i just unzip the firmware and copy it to the DMS.

BUT, there was something about not copying Box ID files??? what box id files???

and, something about creating forced update files??? HELP??

Please someone provide us, or at least point me in the right direction to find a step by step proccess that is known to work. I dont want to mess my new box up. Emailing Sam has yielded no results so far....

I can me reached at tetech2@doitnow..com

Bueller,.....Bueller.....Hello, is this thing on? Tap Tap Tap, can anyone hear me????

Zc
« Last Edit: July 17, 2006, 10:28:03 pm by zero_cool »

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
Re: Can somebody Please help With Firmware changin
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2006, 12:21:34 am »
Yeah i deleted the other thread you posted

Why do you think I did that?
Was it:
A. I am a jerk
B. Because you found the VW phatbox in a Mazda thread and posted the same exact thing in it.
C. I am a jerky mcjerksalot

If people don't have the answer (I dont) and you can't find it in that thread and you can find it with search, posting about it over and over isn't going to accomplish anything but make a bunch of duplicate posts.

Also, did you check the wiki?  there may be info there.  If people would use the wiki for what it is supposed to be for it would be a lot easier.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 12:24:45 am by judb »

Offline zero cool

• Getting the hang of things.
  • PhatHacker
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2006, 11:34:00 am »
Yes, as a matter of fact i did check the wiki, and i searched and i have read about 3/4 of this entire forum so far!

I put my original post in the VW phatbox in a Mazda thread because it was related. However, assuming there are people here that know how to do this, that have clear understanding of how to do a manual firmware update, I thought my post might get lost as not everyone would see it under the mazda post. Hence the second, direct post about the subject. Just trying to cover all the bases. But it seems all anyone is interested on this forum is being able to upgrade there harddrive!

Nice attitude by the way, it was unneeded. I surley hope it is not representitive of the others on this forum.   I think there has been some very vaulable contributions made to this product here and i am in development of several that are due out next year for integration of phatbox products to OEM & aftermarket car stereo's. I myself and simply trying to learn and understand the operation of these product so i can relay the information to my engineers. A simple explination would have sufficed.

Sincerly

Dave Meyers
Overkill audio inc.
AKA Zero Cool

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2006, 10:51:32 pm »
Well, sorry, I just get tired of people flooding the forums with the same questions over and over.  
The more threads there are that have the same stuff over and over the less likely someone searching is to find the best answer.  I see it as a downward spiral in content quality.  There are not a lot of people taking care of the boards here and with the exception of Paul who gets donations to cover his hosting costs, everyone else has done this for free.

Either way your question was answered it looks like in that other thread so you may want to check there. http://forum.phathack.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1139130555/15#15

Good luck with your "products" zero cool