Author Topic: Multiple languages prompts  (Read 3317 times)

Offline ecb5

• A few posts under my belt.
Multiple languages prompts
« on: September 15, 2006, 12:02:37 pm »
Hi!
I want to try finding a faster way to create my prompts which are in english spanish and french. (also in portuguese, but i use spanish because i have no AT&T portuguese voice)

This is what i did:

1- transfered my french music on the dms and used phatvoice with french AT&T nv to create prompts
2- i copied those prompts on my computer on a specific folder
3- copied my spanish music on the dms and created spanish prompts and copied them on another folder in computer
4- I then copied all my music into the dms and created all prompts in english
5- Copied those prompts in another folder in my computer
6- I then copied my spanish and french prompts over those on the dms (all in english)
7 - So now i have all my prompts in their respective language

My problems start when i want to add a new french or spanich song.
Because i have no choice but to:
1- start all over again or
2- manually create new prompts on the AT&T website and copy them on the dms

both processes can be very long.

Anyone with more than one language prompts?
How do you do it?

TIA

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
Re: Multiple languages prompts
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2006, 01:36:32 pm »
Why don't you make a backup of the TTS folder on your machine and when you get the new files, let it create the prompts for it, create your new prompts manually and then recopy the tts folder backup of your various language prompts to the DMS?

Or is there a step in this I am missing?

Offline ecb5

• A few posts under my belt.
Re: Multiple languages prompts
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2006, 08:11:45 pm »
Why don't you make a backup of the TTS folder on your machine and when you get the new files, let it create the prompts for it, create your new prompts manually and then recopy the tts folder backup of your various language prompts to the DMS?

Or is there a step in this I am missing?

Thanks for your reply.

Well actually what i do is almost the same thing.
I have tried to different ways

FIRST
I keep a copy of the promps on my computer but in different folders (one per language, except i have all promts in english also)
When i add english songs... no problem, phatvoice creates all the prompts and then i recopy to the dms my french and spanish prompts.
the problem is when i add spanish or/and french songs. (sometimes 2 languages on same cd)
i have to create all prompts in french  or spanish everytime i add french or spanish songs. I then have to look for them among more than 10000prompts to copy them to their respectively folder on my computer... so, next time i wont loose them ...it is very long.

The other option is to only add songs in one language  at a time, create prompts in that language, recopy old prompts over the dms, make a backup and do another language afterwords...
It is a very fastidious process, specially when the artist has songs in more than one language on the same album...

Or am i doing it wrong... somebody has a better solution?
Maybe there is no better way to do it!
To complicate the process even more... i have prompts that i should create in portuguese because i listen to many bossanova songs. THe prompts are now in spanish but eventually, i will have to create them in their original language.

thanks
« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 08:12:28 pm by ecb5 »