Author Topic: DMS Hack Issue  (Read 5289 times)

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
DMS Hack Issue
« on: January 09, 2007, 07:46:10 am »
I use the word 'issue' because I don't think it is a serious problem.

As a result of starting work on a new Media Manager application, I've noticed that the DMS Hack backs up the Profiles.INI file replacing with, what looks to be, a static instance of the file.  Once the hack has been applied you can continue to use the original DMS cartridge playlist without any apparent issues.  However, shouldn't it backup the original file and then modify the Profiles.INI to perform whatever it needs to without modifying the num_albums settings?

I have 81 playlists/albums on the cart... and the new Profiles.INI is causing the Keg to only see the 30 specified.  I'm going to hack the value back to 81 - unless anyone has any reason why I shouldn't?
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
Re: DMS Hack Issue
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 07:54:24 pm »
I think it is, if I recall correctly, using a stock file that I placed on the CD to seed the startup sound.  I would suggest just grabbing your old profile.ini file out of the backup folder on phtsys as it should back it  up there.