Author Topic: Can somebody please Help!  (Read 5647 times)

Offline mgyver24

• PhatHacker
Can somebody please Help!
« on: January 09, 2007, 07:35:35 pm »
Hi,
I am new at this and have tried to as much research on my own before I posted this.  

I have a 1st generation keg and I have been trying to use DMS Hack and Repair CD v1.5 to replace my hard drive.  When I use the boot CD it states that is version 1.1 not 1.5, I have downloaded v1.5 a few times and created different boot CDs and it still states v1.1.

Moving forward, after booting up at the bottom of the PhatHack Flash/DMS Building Disk screen it states in green "input AT Translated Set 2 Keyboard on isa0060/serio0".  I have an USB keyboard and a regular one.  This message appears if either of them are plug in on boot up.  If I unplug the keyboard before boot up this message is not there.  I have also tried plugging in a keyboard after I hit alt + F2.  The end out come is the same.

Next I plug in my DMS and wait until it loads, then hit alt + F2, and then enter.  It searches and then state "Incorrect volume labels found, Partition names NO NAME    and NO NAME   are incorrect, Reboot and insert a genuine PhatNoise DMS".  

I have tried to read all the forums and links on this issue.  I have checked the following

1. Names in windows on PHTDTA and PHTSYS are correct.  
2. I have reformatted my DMS.
3. Reinstalled the firmware version 13.1.
4. My DMS is a good working one.
5. I have checked the folder names stated in the hack instructions and made sure they were correct.
6. I have tried to use the DMS doctor but it fails and gets stuck on "checking for system files".

I am pretty much stuck and I am not sure what do next.  Any help on this matter would be a great help, thanks.

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
Re: Can somebody please Help!
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 08:06:14 pm »
have you tried having the Repair CD portion do a repartiition and reformat of the DMS?  this is safe if you use the CD, not from within windows.  (alternatly you can download the phatnoise provided CD and use it to do the repartition and reformat.  That should fix the label issue.

Offline mgyver24

• PhatHacker
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 10:40:30 pm »
That seemed to fix that problem, thanks much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now there seems to be a problem with the patch, I think.  I go threw the steps and everthing seems to be working fine.  When I put in the hacked hard drive into the keg it just loads for a few minutes then states "eject".  Any ideas?

Thanks agian for all your support.

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 11:29:19 pm »
which hack method did you use?  i know there are some issues with the process and I am currently trying to make a solution.

Offline mgyver24

• PhatHacker
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 01:43:04 am »
I am using the "DMS Hack and Repair CD" post.

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 02:33:51 am »
at which point in the process is it that the drive quits working? is this the original drive or a new dms drive?

have you tried corrupting your ramdisk.sig (replace it with another .sig file off your phtsys..)

Offline mgyver24

• PhatHacker
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2007, 03:02:00 am »
It was the new drive.  

When I docked it on my PC,  PMM (media) recognized and let me put music on it.  But PMM (music) stated it was an unauthorized DMS cartridge, would you like to update firmware.  I updated firmware and it works NOW!!!! ;D.  

The only thing is the titles and text is not displaying, I think it due to a setting that I can adjust threw PMM.

Once again thanks for all the help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2007, 04:25:53 am »
Glad to hear you are working now.  I think I have the issues with my scripts worked out so now users can hack and build new DMS drives from within Windows.

This does not mean you can repair phatnoise original DMS drives in windows.. don't do that!