Author Topic: First post - looking for Audi radio list.  (Read 7721 times)

Offline K9crew

• PhatHacker
First post - looking for Audi radio list.
« on: January 14, 2007, 08:11:47 am »
Hi, this is my very first post.  I recently bought 2 PhatBox units on Ebay and have one installed in my Audi Allroad.  The other one will soon be installed in my wife's Allroad.  I've read numerous threads here and managed to update the firmware on my unit from 5.02 to 7.2 and everything seems to be fine.  However, I'm looking for a list that shows the letter designation of my Audi Symphony II head unit.  With 5.02 I had the option in menu 6 to select the Symphoniy head unit but now in 7.2 there are numerous letters to sift through but I have no idea which letter to select.  The PhatNoise web site doesn't have any Audi support and it's not working at the moment anyway.  I've done numerous searches here but found nothing regarding Audi head units.

Thanks

:P

Offline K9crew

• PhatHacker
Re: First post - looking for Audi radio list.
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 08:46:42 am »
I found this guide but it only shows two Audi head units and doesn't include the Symphony II!!

http://www.phatnoise.com/downloads/3301-HUSETUP_web.pdf

Offline S80_UK

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran.
  • Volvo S80 D5 with VW Phatbox
    • Volvo Phatbox Installation
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 10:52:50 am »
Hi,

If I understand you correctly, you have a working installation with one firmware, and you need to understand the configuration settings so that you can set up another installation using newer firmware.  Correct?

There is a file on the DMS called "phatbox.ini" which has options for all models.  As you have found, the issue is to establish which is approriate for your head units.  

Some related info is here...

http://forum.phathack.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1134412272/0#15

Read the posts just before this as well.  They make the suggestions ono how to identify the letter used by temporarily modifying the phatbox.ini file (be sure to take backups).  I think that in combination these techniques may may help you.

If I misunderstood the request then you'll get better info if an Audi owner chips in...

Good luck!

« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 10:53:36 am by S80_UK »

Offline K9crew

• PhatHacker
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 10:22:50 pm »
If I understand you correctly, you have a working installation with one firmware, and you need to understand the configuration settings so that you can set up another installation using newer firmware.  Correct?

Not quite.  I have a PhatBox in my car (Audi) with firmware 7.2 (upgraded from 5.02) and it works but I'd like to know which letter to choose for my Symphony II headunt in Menu #6 .  It seems that N might be the right choice but there's absolutely no comprehensive list available.  I haven't installed the other unit in my wife's Audi since I have to run a cable from the head unit to the trunk.

Thanks for the link ... I came across that thread whilst doing a search for Audi head unit codes.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2007, 10:24:55 pm by K9crew »

Offline K9crew

• PhatHacker
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 09:49:24 pm »
Well,
After selecting radio type N in the option 6 menu (as someone had suggested) I discovered that the RANDOM mode wasn't working properly.  My Audi Symphony II head unit has two random modes.  Random CD and Random CD Changer.  With radio type N selected there was no difference between the two random modes.  So this morning I selected radio type O and now the two modes work correctly.  Firmware 7.02 is working perfectly and I LOVE the female voice on that firmware!

:D
« Last Edit: January 17, 2007, 09:50:11 pm by K9crew »

Offline Au2ro

• PhatHacker
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2007, 10:18:27 am »
Symphony II is on the pdf file linked to, but the linked document seems to be corrupt. I have a working copy of the document that shows the symphony II to be radio type R.
If you want a copy of the working pdf I could email it or something. PM me your email address.

Offline K9crew

• PhatHacker
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2007, 11:50:46 pm »
Au2ro,
Thanks for the offer.  I sent you a PM.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2007, 11:51:49 pm by K9crew »