Author Topic: 2.0 Cradle Issue !!  (Read 5060 times)

Offline bicsingh

• PhatHacker
2.0 Cradle Issue !!
« on: February 18, 2007, 04:14:25 pm »
Hi Guys

Just a quick question. Everytime I eject DMS from cradle I need to reboot the PC to use the cradle again. Is this normal ?  Any ideas why this would be happening ?

I have a 2.0 USB cradle plugged into a pci425usb2.0 card. Running XP Pro SP2. Upgarded to latest driver for pci425.

Was at my brothers house last night loading his DMS and everytime we thought of another song all we had to do was plug his DMS back into his cradle and it worked straight away.

Mine just says reconnect but nothing happens when you click until the reboot !!!  Driving me crazy.

Cheers for any help
Bic

Offline bicsingh

• PhatHacker
Re: 2.0 Cradle Issue !!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2007, 04:16:02 pm »
OH btw. I have  tried all versions of the PMEDIAM and Phatnoise MUSIC Manager....made no difference.  PC is just a standard DELL 8200.

Offline judb

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • ph4t l3wtz
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 05:45:40 pm »
ive heard of issues with ejecting DMS drives before but not of them being ignored on insert.  that sounds like a USB controller or driver issue to me...  Have you contacted Phatnoise about it?

Offline bicsingh

• PhatHacker
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2007, 07:04:59 pm »
I will give them a call tomorrow cheers, just thought I would see if anyone else has the issue. Everything works fine just a nuisance to have to reboot everytime after ejecting DMS

Offline bicsingh

• PhatHacker
Re: 2.0 Cradle Issue !! Issue Resolved
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 02:31:49 am »
 :) just incase anyone else ever has this problem with a pci to usb2.0 card

I unplugged the pciusb card ::) and plugged it into another pci slot. Bingo Bango....no more issues. I can plug/unplug the DMS from cradle to my hearts content ;D.....

Enjoy 8)