Author Topic: Phatbox in an 07 B6 Passat.  (Read 5232 times)

Offline 305south

Phatbox in an 07 B6 Passat.
« on: April 16, 2007, 12:22:00 am »
Does anyone know why a Phatbox will not work in the newer VW's? I have an 07 B6 Passat and would like to install a PhatBox. It has a factory Nav unit with an Ipod adapter in the glovebox. The cable used for the Ipod adapter is the same used for a CD changer. There was an option for a CD changer in the glovebox rather than the Ipod adapter so I don't see why a PhatBox would not work. I read a thread on a VW / Audi site from a person who had successfully installed one in an 06 Audi A3 so I would think it would work in the VW too.  ???

Offline two_slow_vws

Re: Phatbox in an 07 B6 Passat.
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2008, 10:47:05 pm »
I was wondering about the B6 Passat also. I have an 06 with the DVD NAV, and CD changer in the glove box. Has anyone been able to make it work, or know what radio type to select.

Offline sbingner

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2008, 09:46:05 am »
Do you know it won't work, or are you asking if we think it may?  If you have one... try it?

Offline two_slow_vws

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2008, 12:43:36 pm »
I tried it and it kind of worked but not very well. I had problems navigating through the menus. For example I could get to the letter of the alphabet that I wanted, but only the first couple artist would be listed, after that it would just start playing songs. It would only start speaking the artists again if you started another search, then the process would start again. It seams like it wants to work, but maybe I do not have the correct radio type selected. The only documentation I can find shows the older firmware that has the radio types listed 1-6. I have firmware 7.? where the radio types are listed A-Z.

Any ideas?

Offline robbyb413

• A few posts under my belt.
  • PhatHacker
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2008, 04:32:36 pm »
If you search the posts about it on the Vortex and vwnavi you'll find the only thing consistent about attempting to use a Phatnoise with a b6 passat is inconsistency.

Search the vwv b6 forum archives... a bunch of info there with links to walk trhoughs on vwnavi.