Author Topic: Audi / VW Cable converter  (Read 3795 times)

Offline Chad

Audi / VW Cable converter
« on: February 23, 2008, 10:45:58 am »
I've just got a Phatbox with a 20Gb DMS, but it came with the VW cable, and I want to fit it to my A3

I've read there's is a converter that will let me plug it into my Symphony II HU

Does anyone know where the converter can be sourced? or if it even exists?

Cheers
Symphony II | 20G DMS (For Now)

Offline psyct1

• PhatHacker
Re: Audi / VW Cable converter
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 05:16:09 pm »
Another Audi owner...  lol.  You will need to do some modification to the 20 Pin connector on the back of the Symphony II if you are using Satellite Radio...  Pins 18-20 are shared by both the harness I speak of below and the XM/Sirius tuner

Where are you looking at installing the phatbox?  If you are going to do it in the GloveBox (recommended, especially if you are not prewired for a CD changer mounted in the trunk...

If you are going to do the glovebox install all you need is a $30 cable from the Audi Dealer Part Number is 8E0-051-592 (at least that is the part number I used for  my B6 S4)...  If that part number does not work for you, tell them you are looking for the CD Changer Harness for the Glovebox CD Changer...

If you are prewired for the Trunk CD Changer...  Try clairparts.com, ecstuning.com or genuineaudiparts.com

Offline robbyb413

• A few posts under my belt.
  • PhatHacker
Re: Audi / VW Cable converter
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 05:57:17 pm »
Pulled this off Fourtitute:
http://forums.fourtitude.com/zerothread?id=2623937

The 8P's changer harness is the same as the VW changer harness. If you're pre-wired jsut plug it in and go. If not, the part numbers are in that thread or in other thread in the fourtitude archives.

That's pretty slick... you can have the in-dash changer, phatnoise and sat radio all connected at the same time in the 8P. I wish the B5 did that!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2008, 06:02:37 pm by robbyb413 »