Poll

Would you be interested in a DMS cradle upgrade?

Yes, and I have a USB 2 cradle now
15 (71.4%)
Yes, and I have an older cradle now
4 (19%)
It depends, let me think about it
2 (9.5%)
Nope, not interested
0 (0%)
Other - please specify in reply
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: January 20, 2010, 11:47:09 am

Author Topic: Interested in a Windows Vista/7 capable USB cradle upgrade? (and maybe Mac too)  (Read 38323 times)

Offline Fran

I am definately interested in a mod to my current USB 1 cradle that will work with windows 7.

Offline texasaggie94

Would like to add my name to the long list of users looking to modify thier cradle to work on WIN 7.  Winter months are here, hope the project is going well.

Offline suilobo

• PhatHacker
Would like one too... any updates on this? Thanks.

Offline chico

• A few posts under my belt.
  • PhatHacker
Any updates on this? Thanks.

Offline amb

• Getting the hang of things.
Calling Terry...  :'(

Offline chico

• PhatHacker
Winter is (hopefully) nearing its end. Any updates on this? I'd love to have Windows 7 recognize my hacked drive as a DMS and not as a mass storage device.

Offline irvingwashington

I will order several USB cradles (3+) that are Win7 compatible.   I have many DMS loaded with WD320 drives .....and many hours of lost time trying to make them all play well together.   I am tire of buildiing XP SP3 virutal machines.  Sigh.    Hope Terry has some time to do the batch build.......did it ever happen?

Offline Super C

Please tell me this is happening! I have an old kenwood excelon keg that vista isn't recognizing. I tried installing the web drivers and it says I don't have permissions?! Anyway, I think this would solve the problem!

Offline Terry_Kennedy

• Veteran.
  • There and back again
Things are definitely happening behind the scenes. Here's the latest news:

I have handed the cradle project off to someone who can devote the necessary amount of time to it. That person is very well-known, but in order to avoid flooding them with email, they'll make an announcement here when the boards are close to completion.

I am sending that person all the stuff I have, including the Cypress development kit, the cradle DMS connectors, and a working pile-of-parts that reports that it is a "PhatHack Cradle" to Windows / PMM and works as such, although it isn't in the DMS cradle form factor.

Please don't speculate (at least not in public ;D) as to who you think the well-known person is. It almost certainly isn't the person you're thinking of (whoever that may be).

Offline chico

• PhatHacker
This is very good news! Thanks for posting this update.

Since your post practically begged us to guess who you have working on it, my guess is Santa Claus.  :D

Offline rjw75

I'm interested in a couple of the new cradles that enable Windows 7 to run my DMS's with ease.  ;) ;D 8)

Offline bassplayer_uk

• PhatHacker
Fantastic news. Thanks for your many efforts Terry and thanks to whoever has been so kind as to take the project on. I can't wait to get my hands on one of these so I can finally update the ancient music in my car! :-)

Offline ecb5

i don't understand.
I have win7 x64.
istalled 2.0_drivers.exe from phatnoise website
rebooted
installed pmm 2.30 from website
pluged in my DMS and all worked fine

Offline rjw75

Hi, any news/updates on the new cradles please?   ;D 8)