Author Topic: Phatnoise for 2006 Mazda 6  (Read 8868 times)

Offline cyberwarhol

Phatnoise for 2006 Mazda 6
« on: June 18, 2011, 01:38:44 am »
Hi, I am very new to this and somewhat challenged to how to set up the Phatbox for Mazda 6.  I have purchased a Phatnoise, a 20gig and 40gig DMS, and a proper cable for Mazda 6. The DMS are both currently set up for VW/Audi.  I have gone through the site and forum and found it difficult to follow and understand. Especially what is needed to be download and what sequence (or how) to change.
Can someone please guide me through to set the unit up for Mazda 6?  As I said, I am a novice beginner and not a computer language savvy guy.  You can contact me offline as well at cyberwarhol@gmail.com

Thanks a million. :)

Offline markbowen

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran.
Re: Phatnoise for 2006 Mazda 6
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 04:50:02 am »
You need to download the Phathack DMS Tools.  Connect the DMS to your computer and use the program in DMS Tools mode to set up the DMS to update the firmware in your Phatbox.  You will want to select Mazda firmware and tick the box "Install non-hacked firmware."  Once the DMS is updated, take it out to the car and insert it into the Phatbox (assuming everything is installed in your car).  Power on the box by turning your key to the position it needs to be in for the radio to work.  Once the box is on the green lights should begin to flash, indicating the update is being applied.  You should then be able to turn the key off and leave it to update, for about 10-15 minutes.  If all goes well, this should do the trick and the box should now work with your radio.
Kenwood DNX7200/Kenwood KHD-C710 Keg/320GB DMS

Offline cyberwarhol

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2011, 05:39:22 am »
I will try that. Unfortunately, i had not installed yet onto my car.  Just got them about 2 weeks ago.  The DMS tool that you mentioned, is that the DMSHacktools zip file?  What about all the firmware that I saw in the Vortechs/Firmware?  Do I need to download them to put into the PHTSYS partition?  Or the DMS tool will do that for me.

Thanks

Offline markbowen

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2011, 09:23:03 am »
I believe the latest version of the DMS Tools is in the file within this post:  http://forum.phathack.com/index.php/topic,2605.0.html

The required firmware is selected from a drop-down box within the program, and it will download and install the files automatically.  (Once you install the program, it is fairly self-explanatory.)

Offline cyberwarhol

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 05:39:30 am »
The firmware is updated without problem!!  Thanks. Now I just have to install the unit in the car and go from there.  Of course, I should load up some music first! 
Another question, if my head unit is a single disc player, once the unit is installed, will the single disc no longer working? ???

Offline markbowen

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran.
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2011, 07:19:07 pm »
Another question, if my head unit is a single disc player, once the unit is installed, will the single disc no longer working? ???

The internal CD will work with the Phatbox installed.