Author Topic: A couple questions from a newbie.  (Read 6679 times)

Offline CannGramps

A couple questions from a newbie.
« on: October 12, 2013, 08:31:26 am »
My brother in law recently bought a van with a phatnoise in it.  I've looked around a little but I've had some trouble finding out a few things so I thought I'd try here and see what the experts say.  First, I was wondering if there is any way to copy songs to the phatnoise without using the Media Manager because it's been giving me trouble.  Second, I have four nieces and nephews and they really enjoy the games that are on it, but I was wondering if it's possible to add any more games.  It appears to just emulate the NES, so is it possible to put roms on it, and does it require hacking?

Thanks in advance.

Offline VorTechS

• Administrator
  • Veteran.
  • PhatHack Media Manager & DMS Tools Wizard Author
Re: A couple questions from a newbie.
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 09:24:55 am »
Unfortunately, the community has never had a GM model to be able to dissect it - so we're completely in the dark as to what can be done with it really.

You can't copy songs without an appropriate bit of software, so you are limited to:

Phatnoise software (which I assume you already have)
Phathack Media Manager (my replacement software for PhatNoise software)
PhatMac if you are a mac user.

At the moment, I have managed to spectacularly break the PhatHackmm website, but hope to have that back up and running in the next few days.
Kenwood KDC-W7031 | Kenwood KHD-CX910 | 250GB DMS | PhatHack Media Manager v1.1.4 (Alpha) | VIOT

Catch me weekdays 8am-4pm GMT on IRC @ irc.freenode.net on channel #phathack (aka the chat link!!)